FS: Sonab OA14 omnidirectional speakers (ADL)

Item: Sonab OA14 omnidirectional speakers (ADL)
Price: $250
Item Condition: Pretty good for their 44 years. Nicely figured teak veneer has accumulated some marks that are apparent at close quarters but not otherwise obvious.
Reason for selling: Not being used
Payment Method: Bank transfer; cash on pick-up.
Extra Info:

These were a restoration project undertaken for the hell of it some years ago. I replaced the surrounds on the woofers and a sloppy spider on one of them (though that woofer is now a touch stiffer than the other and possibly a candidate for revisiting or replacement.)  I also made some renovations suggested on CarlssonPlanet.com, namely: partial rewiring, replacing the original DIN connectors with simple binding posts and the crossover cap with a Solen, and bypassing the tweeter jumpers. All of these are easily reversible, and I still have the original bits.

Pick-up from Cheltenham SA

Pictures:

DSC_0145.thumb.JPG.8f0dad9713a8fcdb63153f9436073209.JPGDSC_0157.thumb.JPG.046d9111a4ff7d3e1172875b8869d7a7.JPGDSC_0162.thumb.JPG.1f84cf10c93234ec1aba20a90f98f1d7.JPGDSC_0163.thumb.JPG.0b761ede2c355e4b010e86f24915e80e.JPG

• Love 1

Good value, particularly with the improved binding posts - those old 5-pin DIN are so last century. 

While on the subject of Sonab, I have a modified pair of Sonab OA6a Mk2 which I've refurbished and modified to run passive but bi-wirable.

The active electronic bass assist might have been ok when they were new, but now they're pretty much a non-repairable hazard to shipping.

I had a pair of OA 12's which I inherited from my dad, had the surrounds fixed and wiring upgraded sounded amazing....but sold them as my kids when they were young kept pulling the grill off and poking the woofers.  Still regret parting with them, hoping a pair will show up for sale in Perth sometime.

Really underated speaker, cant recomend them enough.  GLWTS !