darththeling

This is a great build: hachiroku24's Nubian Royal Starship MOC

20191101_164704.jpg

Not ten months after I gave up the idea of doing a System scale Naboo queen's cruiser with space for minifigs, hachiroku24 knocks it out of the park with his excellent build, Nubian Royal Starship MOC. This video is his build:

Using spare parts and wrecking my old build, I pounded my version of this MOC out last Saturday, squeezing some light grey bits from other builds. Even though I've only used about maybe 60-70% of the original build, the result is stunning. A long awaited piece for the Phantom Menace display. I am sorry that I forgot to remove the distracting blue decals from the Mandalorian speeder parts while taking these pics - will take more pictures soon of this build as I try and swap out parts to improve it over time. I was able to get the base pretty close (except the nose) and the top, but took many liberties, especially with the underside and interiors. As for the middle, the original build uses two plates for reinforcement but since I am desperately low on light grey wedges I tried to make it work with only one plate thickness. 

Really happy with the 4 small interiors - throne room (Queen Amidala from Gungan sub can only lie down with the lid closed), cockpit for Ric Oliee, Droid bay with a little hyperdrive build in the middle and the loading ramp. I sacrificed a bit of slope here to accommodate my interior. Still need to install some landing struts for the underside.

Love hachiroku24's use of the flat 3x3 macaroni piece on top and bottom of the cockpit. It really pops from all angles and this build is swooshable as hell! Looks so great next to the N1 cruiser. This is an inspired build, and I'd like to send a special shout out to hachiroku24 for sharing this and other fine builds on his channels. 

20191101_165131.jpg

20191101_165812.jpg

20191101_165906.jpg

20191101_165803.jpg

20191101_170100.jpg

20191101_170140.jpg

Edited by darththeling

Excellent MOC! It really goes to show the ship can be done in Lego as the sleek design has been captured perfectly here.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:08 AM, darththeling said:

Not ten months after I gave up the idea of doing a System scale Naboo queen's cruiser with space for minifigs, hachiroku24 knocks it out of the park with his excellent build, Nubian Royal Starship MOC.

BTW, @hachiroku is here on Eurobricks just so you know... :wink: 

But, wow, that is one slick-looking build right there! *oh2* Very much reminds me of @BaronSat's Javelin 7 in its construction... :thumbup:

Javelin7-01.jpg

That guy is a champion for uploading a video on how to build it instead of making us buy instructions like some people

Thank you for sharing it here! I post my mocs here sometimes but I forgot to put this one. I like your mod for the extra room.