Replacing G62 Temp sensor, CBZB 1.2 tsi ?

Hi,
I have an errorcode P0117, signal from coolant temp sensor G62 is to low. My thermometer in the dash is also not moving.

I have bought a new sensor which should be this one 03F 919 501 A, but i cannot figure out if i have to dismantle the entire thermostat housing to gain access to this sensor ?
It is fastened with a torx - and the torx seems to go through the plastic of the thermostat housing as well.
No i'm in doubt if its another temp sensor because a little higher on the same side of the engine it seems there are the normal coolant temp sensor with the green plastic attched with a clip.
Can anyone advise ?

Thanks in advance :)

It might be error in the parts program pointing at that, I am sure that is G83 pictured above, but in parts program G62 points at that part (could be error!)

So please ignore if this is sending you in wrong direction.

Perhaps time for sleep.

I have had a good look though the same document as you have (mine are just newer versions) but couldn't see anything about the removal of the sensor sadly.

Maybe someone has done this before and can report, also did you get the extra gaskets?  Parts 4 & 8 in your document.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a final note, i did replace the sensor as i mentioned in my first post (the G62 - 03F 919 501 B), and now everything works just fine .

It was a fiddle to replace it - even though only 3 torx had to come out.
Firstly a bracket under the thermostat housing could be removed with 2 torx30, and thereafter one torx30 held the sensor, which was replaced.
During replacement approx 0,5 liter coolant fluid ran out.
Lastly cleared all codes, and that was that.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello @mikkelvitus and @varooom, can I ask which, in the end, was the correct sensor: the black one or the grey one (as per your photos)?

I’m having the same issue with both coming up in CTS G62 searches, and I’m trying to avoid dismantling mine twice: once to identify, and again to replace. Thanks 😊 

4 minutes ago, MijIsTired said:

Hello @mikkelvitus and @varooom, can I ask which, in the end, was the correct sensor: the black one or the grey one (as per your photos)?

I’m having the same issue with both coming up in CTS G62 searches, and I’m trying to avoid dismantling mine twice: once to identify, and again to replace. Thanks 😊 

The black one is G62 on engine CBZB (1.2 tsi )