Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cupra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
Just read this on a blog..

http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/?p=1980

iphone_home_build_preview.jpg

iphone_home.jpg

Any one think this will end up surpassing all the hard work of david? I hope not ! lock info FTW but this one may be worth testing out.

iphone_home_all1.jpg

igeoffi

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
With the exception of the clock at the top, it really doesn't look much different than Lock Screen Info. Most of the other stuff you can theme (icons, section headers) and the info from the other apps can be pulled from plugins.

zenoran

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
Is apple completely stupid?

HELLO. Smartphone. People would like a summary of all the crap they having going on in their phones and don't want to click each individual app to read stuff. Why on earth haven't they released a lockscreen that has this stuff already is beyond me.

iPhone's lock screen = epic fail compared to ANY smartphone.

Thank God for jailbreak and lockinfo, if/when they ever make jailbreaking not possible they sure as hell better have multitasking and a lockscreen implemented or I'm off to android.

sorry for the rant ;)

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
Is apple completely stupid?

HELLO. Smartphone. People would like a summary of all the crap they having going on in their phones and don't want to click each individual app to read stuff. Why on earth haven't they released a lockscreen that has this stuff already is beyond me.

iPhone's lock screen = epic fail compared to ANY smartphone.

Thank God for jailbreak and lockinfo, if/when they ever make jailbreaking not possible they sure as hell better have multitasking and a lockscreen implemented or I'm off to android.

sorry for the rant ;)

amen brother! 4G hopefully!

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
This is different from LockInfo.....how exactly? Everything that's on that screen could be added to LockInfo with a plugin or is being worked on by Ashman already.

Is it just because it's being done by Saurik, it uses Cydget and it looks a little different? Meh. :rolleyes:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Right now I like the way that LockInfo and Cydget are working together, and I went ahead and paid for LockInfo before the trial ran out. However, those pictures show a very classy lock screen that I would love to have. Can't wait to see how this evolves...

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
Here's hoping. This looks fantastic. I think I could do without the dock buttons at the bottom though.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Looks awesome but that doesn't look like the Lockscreen to me. Where the "Slide to Unlock"?

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
I thought this was on the lockscreen.

Sorry, my bad. I had read a previous post where they talked about it being on the first springboard page. I don't like the dock icons at the bottom as they use up a lot of valuable screen space that could be the regular info.

Are you sure it's on the lockscreen ? Sure looks like a home screen icon to me (circled in red) Click for larger size picture.

Attachments

• iphone_home.jpg
    iphone_home.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 162

Cupra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
It will be a Cyget or whatever they are called.. and they work only on the lock screen,, so there you go,. nuf said

Cupra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
Ok to get this straight, sceen shots show this on the homescreen but it will defo be available for the lockscreen two, just as lock info does, allows you to run it on both..

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Ok to get this straight, sceen shots show this on the homescreen but it will defo be available for the lockscreen two, just as lock info does, allows you to run it on both..

Now I guess it's "so there you go, nuf said". :rolleyes:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX

Exactly. Looking forward to the release, however I need to get some mileage out of my purchased version of LockInfo first. Take your time guys and get a full release of this out...no piecemealing please!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.