Hi,

Here are my Dakota's. I've built three Dakotas and a fourth one is in progress. The first one is in a KLM-scheme. The second one I've built is in a Martins Air Charter scheme (but the aircraft is owned by the Dutch Dakota Assiocation and is still flying after more than fifty years! The third one is in a Swiss Air Lines-scheme, and this one is still flying too.

They are all in scale 1:72, and they're all hand-painted.

The first one. I've built this one one year ago. When I built this one I'd never heard from sanding and filling gaps, so a long seam is clearly visible on top of the roof..:

PICT0005.JPG

The second one, the PH-DDZ which is owned by the Dutch Dakota Association. This airplane is named 'Doornroosje' which is Dutch for 'Sleeping Beauty'. The decal for the name on the nose was missing on the sheet, and the Pratt & Whitney-logo's too, so I printed them by myself, but I still have to stick it on the nose. When you look carefully, you see the hand of the pilot, waving out the window! :D

phddz2.JPG

And the third one.. I originally built this one in another Dutch Dakota Association-scheme (the PH-DDA. But in the '90s it crashed in the Waddenzee with the tragic dead of all the passengers and crew! The crash was caused by a engine failure. :( )

When this model was finished in the PH-DDA scheme, I sprayed a Tamiya-clearcoat over it. Big mistake!! :worship: The paint ate all my Revell-paint and ruinated my decals, so I removed all what was left of the decals and paint, and repainted it. Fortunately I had some spare decals of the Swiss HB-ISC, so I used them, and this is the result:

swisfoto1.JPG

And some pics of the three old ladies together in a line-up:

trio4.JPG

trio6.JPG

Greets,

Jelle :)